Sunday afternoon after we got back from camping up by Humboldt, there was a lot of laundry and a lot of resting and movie watching and cleaning out the camper (I am so sad to have it put away for the year already!!!). HOWEVER...
since it was so beautiful out, I had Ben put on his long pants, long-sleeved shirt, helmet, and knee/elbow pads and head outside. I had promised him (and myself) this was the summer that he would be taking off those training wheels and it seemed like summer was coming to a close.Any of you that know Ben understand when I say this has been a lot of years of trial and error and him getting more and more worried about crashing on a bike. I had finally broke down and got him some knee/elbow pads so he had NO EXCUSES anymore. He got suited up, and he wheeled his bike over to the garage. We ceremoniously took off those stupid training wheels that he was SO embarrased about this year. GONE FOREVER!
and 15 minutes later- perfection!
So Ben suggested that maybe Liz could do it too, and an hour later, (after I called in Matt for some reinforcements cause she and I weren't getting anywhere) I got an excited Liz coming to pull me outside to watch the magic...
I am so proud!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment